About the Collection
-- Subscribers using a supported tablet device may download the World Book eBook app for offline viewing.
-- To download eBooks, go to the title information page for a volume and tap on the Download button.
-- This will launch you into the app, where the book will download to your bookshelf.
-- Users may download the app for free from Google Play (Android devices) and iTunes (iPads).
Subscribers using a supported tablet device may download the World Book eBook app for offline viewing.
Downloading (users to create an ID and password - upper right of screen - to download)
- To download eBooks, go to the title information page for a volume and tap on the Download button.
- This will launch you into the app, where the book will download to your bookshelf.
- Users may download the app for free from Google Play (Android devices) and iTunes (iPads).
- To access your app bookshelf, you must first log in using your personal username and password for your eBooks account.
- You may use your My Research username and password, or
- You may create a new username and password from the home page of World Book eBooks (ebooks.worldbookonline.com).
- Your bookshelf displays books that you have downloaded to your device.
- Books that you have read online but have not yet downloaded appear with a gray banner and may be downloaded by tapping on the book cover.
- Connect to a wifi network
- Your bookshelf will automatically sync with your personal account so that all of your notes, highlights, and bookmarks are saved.
- However, when you are offline, certain functionalities of the app are blocked, including automatic syncing and access to the World Book Dictionary.
- For detailed instructions on the many features and functionalities of the app, you may access the Help Menu within the eBook app, located in the drop-down menu at the top-right corner of the screen.
Browser Requirements/Mobile Device Support/Settings
- Google Chrome All versions
- Internet Explorer Version 9 and higher with a Google Chrome Framework plug-in
- Mozilla Firefox Version 17 and higher
- Apple Safari Version 6 and higher
- Mobile Safari for tablets
Mobile Devices Supported
- Google Nexus 7
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1)
- Cookies should be enabled
- Pop-up windows should be enabled
- Security level in the browser should be medium or lower (should not be high)